These mini pizzas are great for parties. Pita bread works well as a pizza crust because it cooks very quickly and comes in the perfect size for making individual pizzas or appetizer-size slices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 sliced Onion
- 2 sliced Zucchini
- 1 diced Bell Pepper
- Nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 210°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine the onions, zucchini, and bell peppers in a skillet and sauté over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until the onions start to turn golden brown. Place the pitas on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Combine the beans, nutritional yeast, garlic, vinegar, and ¼ cup water in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Add pepper flakes; mix well, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and flip the pitas over.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce over each pita. Dot the pitas with spoonfuls of the bean spread.
- Layer the vegetables on top. Sprinkle with some basil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Slice into quarters and serve warm.